Heart of Love Filet Crochet Bookmark Pattern and my New Crochet Stitch Software!!!!


Another Quick Valentines Project and a new TOOL!!!

I am SO excited!!!!  Just today I purchased my first Crochet Stitch Software!!! When I was a young teenager my Moma subscribed to "Magic Crochet". It was known for it's beautiful thread crochet designs, and especially the patterns that were in symbol form.  Not long ago I hand drew a symbol chart for the crocheted lacy scarf pattern. It was a rough but accurate design.....but at that point I really longed for some of the automation that I had seen in the past that I knew was surely was out there.  So my search began!!  I finally settled on one this morning and set to figure the thing out with the help of the user manual.  My efforts have not been officially tested by anyone....yet!!!  But I was so excited to show it off!!!!

Earlier this week I designed the HEART OF LOVE Filet Crochet Bookmark Pattern and this seemed the perfect project to try it out on.  I know I will learn more about this program the more I use it....but please feel free to share any insight!!

***Feel free to make as many of these as you want for profit, but remember to give credit to me, Amy B Stitched, or link back to this page!!***

Heart of Love Filet Crochet Bookmark Pattern

Materials:
  • Small amount size 10 cotton crochet thread
  • Size 7 steel crochet hook
The chart reads from the bottom left hand corner (see START arrow, back and forth until you reach the top right hand corner with instructions for the border (see TO FINISH BORDER arrow) listed on the chart. 



The pattern seems so very small on this page and enlarging it here was just not an option with the side bars and such.  But if you click on the picture it will bring it up in a slide show. Right click on that and select "open image in new tab". This will allow you to zoom in to see it more clearly.  There is also the option to print when you right click.  This is best done AFTER you open the image in a new tab.

Working with this new program today has really pushed me as I am not really a "tech savvy" type of person. When I am more comfortable I will definitely be doing a review of this program.  Until then, Be Blessed!!

Comments

  1. That is very cool! What is the name of the tool you used to make the chart? That may come in handy for me at some time or another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebeckah!! It's called Stitch Works Software.

      Delete
  2. I'm hoping one day to invest in stitch works! I've also never make anything filet crochet but it's on my bucket list! "LOVE" it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elisabeth!! I'm glad I took the plunge on purchasing Stitch Works finally! The reason I chose this one is the fact that it is not just a filet program like so many others. You can design in the round!!! The man that developed this software has a forum he set up on Ravelry, by reading the posts there helped sway my decision. He is also updating it constantly. Unlimited downloads too! So far I'm pretty pleased.

      Delete
  3. I LOVE this!!!! I have tried the filet work and I always make mistakes. I love the graph and think I need to try again. Your lovely work and explanation makes it seem so easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Sara!! For many years I have worked from charts very similar to cross stitch charts and they don't always translate very well. I love this type of pattern because you can SEE the stitches and not just guess as to what the designer is intending. Please let me know if you try again and how it goes.

      Delete
  4. I would like to make this one day. I have some thread left so might try crocheting from a chart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sara it is a perfect small thread project to work on!! When you make it I would love to get feedback. THANKS!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts