GUEST BLOG Life's Patterns.....Inspiration for the Stitcher

Just as in needle work; be it crochet, knitting or anything that is done by hand, can involve twist and turns, but turn into something absolutely beautiful, so are the lives of God's creations, ours. 

More than likely all of us have, at one time in our life, lived a life that was out of Gods will. It may still be hidden, but all things will be put to light as we step to the Judgment throne of God. 

Mark 4:22 " For there is nothing hidden which will not be revealed, nor has anything been kept secret, but that it should come to light". 

When working on a piece of Crochet, I have in my mind what it should be or look like. I usually have to re-do my work many times until I get a piece without flaws. God is working on us the same way. When life seems the worst, or a secret is revealed, God steps in and re-works his creation. I have been re-worked many times, and probably will be many more times before I step to that throne. In crochet or knitting you can rip out what you do not like in a matter of seconds. In life it is not that easy. We search, and do, and sometimes make more messes than we could ever imagine. Then we realize; the struggle, though ours, will always be God's. All we have to do is give our life to Him, Pray and never let go, and never be afraid to go back to Him, our Heavenly Father and Savior. Once we are His, we are always His. Our lives are beautiful creations of God's hands with all varying shades, sizes and patterns. He does not make mistakes. Every life has a purpose and a place in this life. The Word of God tells us to Judge not. It is not my place to do so, it is my place to show the love of Christ in my life with all of the honesty and love that I can. 

Jacquetta


Loving Life and Living for Christ. I am a retired Nurse. I have four Children, nine grandchildren, one great-grandchild and two more on the way. I started life too young wanting to be a grown up and thinking I was. I have had many trials in my life, but I thank God for every one of them. Some were of my own doing, some were not, but as I look back I can see that I was never alone even if I felt like I was. I had my Savior and Lord Christ Jesus at my side, never forsaking me as others have, and loving me through it all..............
Jacquetta is the author of the blog http://randomsilverhairedthoughts.blogspot.com/ and also happens to be my Moma!!

Comments

  1. Thank you for asking me to write this for you today. Since your first took up that crochet hook, at my side, wanting to learn to crochet you have gone far beyond what I have ever done with my own crocheting. You inspire me with your projects, and your life. You are one of my four greatest blessings in my life, my children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great read and I get it! Recently I've been meditating on Gal 5:22-23 and trying to live my life by letting those nine by-products be what's left in my wake.

    Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self-Control.

    Right now I'm working on self-control and it ain't easy!

    May blessings continue to pour out upon you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Karen. I have also been working on self control. It isn't easy when we try to do it on our own. I find when I am struggling I call on the name of Jesus. In doing this, I get immediate release from what is trying to control me. He is greater than any temptation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacquetta, I too see a lot of life lessons within crochet. It is something that teaches me each day.

    I like that it (life) can be frogged and redone.

    Sometimes I'm so stubborn and try to ignore a little glitch in the design but it calls me to fix it - just like God's soft voice gently guides me.

    So nice that you and your daughter (grand babies too) share this craft and faith together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so true Sara, and sometimes it took a big old frogging and redoing for me to hear God's soft gentle voice over the rip-it, rip-it, rip-it in my own life. I feel so blessed to have found Salvation through Christ Jesus. It has taken many years of maturing in my Faith to get to where I am today, and I am still not mature enough. That day will come when I am no longer walking on this earth, and see my Jesus face to face.
    I am very proud of my daughter and her talent. She is so inspirational, to every one she touches with her life and craft. It is a Joy to see her teach young children and adults of all ages to not only crochet, but knit and sew. All the while using her Faith as she teaches.
    Thank you for your kind words. May God Bless you with the creations of your hands, and may He inspire that work in you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts