Knotted Knit Headband Pattern

I recently went through my stash of hand knit and crochet items and took them on a trip with me, distributing to friends and family along the way.  I mean....how many headbands, scarves, hats and mitts does one girl need?!?!  RIGHT???  LOL

I had so much fun as they rifled through the goodies and have gotten some ideas for new pattern posts.  This headband was one of my first KNIT headbands I had ever made.  It had been in my stash for quite some time and the color of the original one was not very flattering on me....so I never wore it.  The lucky lady who chose it also requested one in dark red!!  Since I was working up a new one, I thought I would just jot down the pattern to share.

It's super simple!!  Definitely one that can be worked up while watching television.  All you need to know is the Knit stitch and how to bind off correctly!!

This is an Original Design by Amy B Stitched. Feel free to make for profit, but remember to give credit to me, and link back to my blog www.amysastitchatatime.blogspot.com

Thank You!!! Amy B


KNOTTED KNIT HEADBAND
pdf pattern available here

Materials:
  • Size 6 knitting needles
  • 1 oz Red Heart with Love, worsted (medium) weight yarn
  • Yarn needle

Gauge: Garter Stitch
10 rows = 1 inch
5 stitches = 1 inch

HEADBAND:

Cast on 20 sts.
Knit every row until piece measures 19” or 2” smaller than head circumference. 
Bind off leaving a long end for sewing.  Sew ends together using yarn needle and weave in ends securely.

BAND:


Cast on 6 sts.  Knit 10 rows. Bind off leaving a long end for sewing.  Wrap band tightly around headband at the seam (you might overlaps ends). Stitch securely in place.  Finish off.



Be Blessed!!
Amy B

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts