IT"S FINISHED!!! Pineapple Lace Pullover - PATTERN REVIEW

I was not able to meet my previously set goal of having the Pineapple Lace Pullover made for myself by Mother's Day....but I have finally finished it!!


I am SO happy with this sweater!!!  It is designed in a raglan style, so the front and back are exactly the same.  It was a little more off the shoulder than what I was expecting, but with a nice camisole or tank top underneath I am more than comfortable!!!

The pattern for the Pineapple Lace Pullover designed by Ann E. Smith can be found in the Crochet! Magazine Summer 2014 Issue.  You can purchase it online here as an instant download.....or you may be lucky enough to find it at your local Hobby Lobby.  The one near me has them in stock.

The pattern is marked as an intermediate level pattern.  I would say that is about right, but if you do not have any experience with clothing construction, you may be confused with the assembly instructions.

If you plan to make this and have never crocheted clothing before, be very careful to follow the schematic on page 88, making sure the measurements are correct for each piece.  I ran into a bit of frustration with the sleeves.....they are very simple....but I made them on two different days and did not measure the first (which ended up being too big).  You will also want to block the front and back pieces before assembly.

The recommended yarn is SO SOFT and has beautiful drape, but because of those qualities I was concerned about stretching at the neckline.  Therefore I crocheted the final 3 rounds at the neckline much tighter than the rest of the piece. Also, for the size I made (large) the pattern required 4 skeins of Trigio - 3.5 ounces each.  I had one FULL skein left and a bit of the third skein....probably enough to make half of another sleeve :) Of course, I did NOT make the full sized gauge swatches, and the materials list usually includes the amount for them, so that is probably why I had so much left over.  I purchased my yarn online at Creative Yarn Source.  They were quick and fairly priced!!

I really loved this pattern and am contemplating make MORE of these in DIFFERENT COLORS!!!

Be Blessed!!!
Amy B

Comments

Popular Posts